Who's Going To Do It For Me?

Who's Going To Do It For Me?

During my time at school, my below average performance in class meant that I received a constant stream of messages and reminders from my teachers telling me that I wouldn't amount to very much in my life.

No amount of lecturing, shouting or other tactics employed by my teachers or parents had any real effect or success in improving my term grades or exam results.

It was only when I was in my late twenties that I developed my own method of self motivation that really worked. My method allowed me to quickly and powerfully focus my attention on my goals and the task at hand like nothing else before had done.

After serving for twelve years in the Air Force, the time came for me to leave and start a new career. My transition to civilian life would involve a long period of very intense training and study to obtain the qualifications that I required to become an aircraft engineer.

I had no idea how I would achieve my goal, and I knew of nobody else who had even attempted what I was intending to do. The magic was I knew what I really wanted above all else, and with this in mind nothing else really mattered.

The constant reminder of having so many things to do, no master plan to work from and an enormous amount of technical information to learn and understand were about to make me give up on my big goal before I'd even made a proper start!!

It was at this point very early on in my studies that I asked myself two important questions. They were "what do I want to do?" and "who's going to do it for me?"

These simple but very powerful questions cut right through all of the clutter and fog of doubt and worry that was holding me back. They forced from me the only right answer that I could give, and that was "nobody"

That's right, nobody was going to complete endless months of study and pass my exams for me if unless I did these things for myself.

Each time that I felt boxed in and with no clear direction to take when dealing with an obstacle or challenge towards my goal, I'd stop whatever I was doing and get into a quiet calm state for about ten minutes and then ask myself the two questions.

The first one allowed me to visualise clearly what results I wanted and to see myself with the benefits I'd have in achieving them. The second question always gave me the same answer, which in turn, gave me the motivation and energy I needed to find a solution. I just had to keep my goal clearly fixed in my mind.

By adopting a "do it myself" mindset, motivation, determination, persistence and confidence quickly developed in me as a result of the experience I gained through the processes which I applied in finding my own solutions.

If you can't seem to see a clear way through a challenge that's facing you, why not give my method a try. Just take a few minutes to step back, relax a little and have a look at the big picture, then ask yourself "what do I want to do?" and "who's going to do it for me?"

Tony Dwyer

To download your free gift "Unlocking Your Inner Healing Power" go to http://www.selfhelpteaching.com/.

Here you will find tips and techniques for calming your thoughts, clearing your mind and for creating your own solutions.


Original article

No comments: