Beating Procrastination The Easy Way

I thought I would share some ways that I find pretty effective at dealing with procrastination and getting your stuff done. These tend to work for me and I asked a few off my colleges and friends to give me a few ideas on what they think works best too.

1. Get Rid Of Your Mobile
Either move your mobile phone away from you or better still turn it off. I waste so much time just messing about with little apps on my phone that I could be using much more productively on actually doing something. I'd say its better to just turn it off because if someone calls you and you hear it then you are instantly distracted.

2. Turn Off The Laptop
Unless you absolutely have to, do not have your laptop/PC on. Now, I know that a lot of people will claim that you need it to do their work, but truly ask yourself if there is any way that you can do without it. I'm sure you'll find that you can and now you have removed the world's BIGGEST procrastination tool. Facebook.

3. Set Yourself Reasonable Goals
This could be telling yourself you are going to write 500 words and then have a little break or it could be that you will do 3 more problems and then go make a tea. Achieving these little goals will make you feel like you are accomplishing something, rather than slugging away for hours and not realising how much you are doing.

4. Plan Out Your Time
This follows on nicely from 3 and is something that can really beat the procrastination bug. If you have a structured day, then you are more likely to complete the tasks you have set yourself. On the other hand, if you just think you might do a little bit of work today then you are likely only ever going to complete a little bit of work.

5. Turn The Music Off
Now I don't care if you think that you can only work with music in the background or with the television on but this is just not true. All it would take is for one of your favourite songs to come on or a catchy advert to play and you are gone. Back to procrastination city with you. Turn everything off, close yourself into your room and just get on with it. Keeping in mind what you want to get done.

I hope that you can make use of these 5 methods to beat procrastination and get your work done! Please hit me with your thoughts on what I've said or any other ways that you have found works to beat procrastination!

Have a look at How To Revise Effectively to move onto the revising part of work!

If this has been helpful then Go Here for some more interesting How To's

By Daniel Nuttall 10 Dans


Original article

No comments: