Caring What People Think Gets You Nowhere, Daring To Be What You Want To Be Is Priceless

To be yourself fully and unremittingly is the most costly thing in the world and all of existence, especially when considering the immediate prestige and approval from others you can seem to get when you conform completely and have the opportunity on top of that to conform completely. The point to that long sentence is, to be the real boss, you must pay the cost as we all must. Some try to escape this fact by completely seeking the approval of others, before considering themselves. Few consider themselves first, only and rationally for their own genuine benefit. The latter who acts for their own genuine benefit as a whole is what I am writing for. The people who want the approval of others first is what I am writing against. To have a genuine approval and understanding of yourself is the first and most important relationship there is, without that, there can be nothing.

Sure, sometimes I type repetitive messages in my writings and preach a lot, but I do not compromise my message for anyone or anything. I believe fully and wholeheartedly in what I am saying without fear or doubt. There are people who are going to say that I am not good enough, but I do not care about them, I only care if I am good enough for me. So, I want to say this: I am creative, not a competitor. So, I am creating for myself, not creating for someone else, and if someone else benefits wonderful, but I am creating what is good for me, then good for others in the same way it is good for me, in that order.

So, sure, genuine individualism and honesty may cost a lot of laughter, criticism and fear within others in the small picture of things. But the big picture long with its eternal values is what counts, not any small picture of foolishness that gets you nowhere except shortsighted. Here, I quote Mohandas K. "Mahatma" Gandhi on this concept of what counts.


First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

No one can hurt you without your permission to paraphrase Gandhi again. But, think about this, the ultimate leader is the ultimate individualist, the ultimate follower is the ultimate failure and fearful person. That is why being a follower is innately undesirable and being a heroic leader is always desirable even in the most undesirable situations. In fact, it is especially desirable in the most undesirable situations because of the fact that a good or great genuine leader can help make things from undesirable to desirable through their leadership and judgement. So, I end by playfully quoting Booker T. Jones and The MG's from Stax/Satellite/Atlantic Records in one of the few songs they did actual lyrics written instead of just instrumentals on:


Everybody loves a winner, but when you lose, you lose alone."

My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.


Original article

No comments: