Thriving Versus Surviving Is It Possible?

Thriving is not a concept that is talked a lot about at the moment and certainly the media coverage of the current economic situation is portrayed as all doom and gloom with no end in sight, you could be forgiven for thinking that survival is the only viable option.

Life has become incredibly fast paced, stress and stress related illnesses are at an all-time high; we work harder, for longer and sleep less. When we are tired, stressed and time poor the things that get dropped first are the things we consider to be luxuries... the "me time" activities, those things we enjoy, that nurture us, keep us engaged, energize us and make our lives worth living. What remains is a sense of "this is just the way life is", "we don't have any choice" and "someday it will get better" We get fixated on the future and forget that it's the journey that's important not the destination.

So how do we make the shift from a survival mindset to one where it is possible to thrive?

What I tell my clients and what is key, is to be totally present in your life, get off the hamster wheel, take a deep breath, slow down and drop the automated behaviours. Take pleasure in the moments of your life, take the time to enjoy the taste of your food, the feel of a hot shower on your skin, lose yourself in a beautiful view. All of the simple things that we take for granted, but actually add so much to our experience.

To thrive is to celebrate life, become a hedonist in search of joy, beauty and pleasure in all things. Start to actively choose what you would like to add to your life. Ask questions like "What would be fun for me?" "If I only had a week to live what would I choose to do and with whom?" People seldom regret not spending enough time at the office, they very often regret not spending more time doing the things they enjoy most and spending more time with loved ones. The time is later than you think...

Is now the time to break the mould and begin thriving in YOUR life?

I'd like to share with you my favourite quote of the moment, it reminds me to wring every last drop of joy out of every moment but most importantly it makes me smile, I hope I makes you smile too.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

Chen Clarke, Success and Empowerment Coach, Access Consciousness Facilitator. Re-Igniting your Passion for Joyful, Colourful Living.

Feel free to drop me a line or connect with me here http://www.chenclarke.com/ for further insights and information.

What if creating your phenomenal life could be easier than you ever imagined possible?
Talk to me!


Original article

No comments: