Think Positive Thoughts! Thoughts Become Things!

The old saying thoughts become things has certainly been true in my life. Never was that more evident than this year when a thought planted 30 years ago came to fruition quite unexpectedly. Thirty years ago I was at a graphics show in Philadelphia and I picked up a free graphics print that I just loved. It was a garden scene with lots of color. There was a woman in the center of the picture in a beautiful dress and swirls of ribbons blew in the wind around the scene. It was approximately three feet by five feet. Although the print was a free sample; I loved it so much that I had it framed and matted which was quite expensive for a free sample unsigned print! For about 15 years the framed print hung in our home but I redecorated and it was replaced with another beautiful picture. The framed print hung around in the attic until I moved in 2004 and it was then donated to the church for a charity sale. I forgot about the picture until this year when my son reminded me of the print in the large frame.

Several months ago I was asked to go to Monte Carlo. I was so excited to have the chance to go to a place I never thought or expected I would visit. It was a trip a friend of mine won and by chance I was the lucky person to go along. We talked about how Monte Carlo would probably never have been a place we would have chosen to go; it's expensive, the exchange rate is not in our favor and we just never thought of it.

Well, that wasn't quite true! I was telling my son how excited I was about going to Monte Carlo and he said, "how about that picture you had all those years with the words Monaco Monte Carlo printed at the bottom." "Now you are going, Mom."

I said, you're right! I can't believe that! I truly forgot the words Monaco Monte Carlo were scrolled across the bottom of the print! I was really taken back and just could not believe my love for this print and now I would see Monaco Monte Carlo for myself! Why was I drawn to this picture and how could it be that I actually would be visiting so unexpectedly. Somehow that thought came to be a reality. Accident or part of life's plan? Immediately I decided to go out and buy a picture of every place I want to visit! I was joking but not really!

I share this with you because it is a phenomenon that the thoughts we have will create the direction of our life. In the study of personal development the power of our thoughts, to me, is one of the most interesting and exciting areas to truly understand. So how can we use this gift of thought to our advantage? Here are a few ideas I share with my clients which make a difference in how they think.

Know that there is truth to how we think and the effect it has on our actions.Push negative thoughts out of your mind as quickly as possible.Your mind can only hold one thought at a time so decide to replace a negative thought with a positive one.Look for the good in every situation. There is always a lesson to be learned if we look hard enough.Find an inspirational thought for the day that truly inspires you. Hang a copy of it everywhere you can to stay positive.Remember you have the ability to accept, reject or neglect a thought. You are in control of what you think and that creates the direction of your actions.If you want to have positive thoughts; start to think of yourself as a positive person and hold that image of who you truly want to be in your mind.

I wish I could say I was perfect and never had a negative thought. I am not a robot and neither are you so it's a work in progress each day to choose to be happy, have positive thoughts and make the best of every day. I can tell you, I've never gained anything good from holding on to negative thoughts and have always gained from positive thoughts!

I always say, you only have one chance to live today the way you want; you will never ever have the chance again! Positive thoughts lead to a positive attitude and a fulfilling life every day! There is only one person who decides and it's YOU!

Kathi M Smith is a speaker, Personal Development and Business Leadership Coach.
I help individuals and businesses shake off the negative influences which are preventing them from achieving their goals so that they can accomplish what they want in the shortest amount of time. If you want to be motivated to make a difference in your life.....the "M" in my name stands for motivation!

Sign up to receive my FREE articles at http://www.kathimsmith.com/ and learn to enjoy your life to the fullest.

Email: info@kathimsmith.com
Blog: http://www.kathimsmith.com/


Original article

No comments: